Paragliding (Full) Club Pilot
- Cost - £730
- Approx Duration - 6-7 days
- BHPA membership - Excluded (see below)
- Must have completed the Student Pilot Course
About the Course
The aim of this course is to achieve your Club Pilot licence, which will allow you to join the club for the area you wish to fly in, and to fly without the supervision of an Instructor... this is where you really start to learn to fly!
To qualify for this course, you must have successfully obtained your Student Pilot rating. You will continue to develop your flying skills and control in flight, which will include tasks such as soaring, side landings and top landings. You will also gain an expanded knowledge of paragliding theory, and by the end of this course you will have learnt enough to continue to fly safely in the Club Environment
Please note the following key points:
- The minimum age is 14 years old. Parental consent needed for under 18's.
- Maximum weight around 110kg.
- You must have a normal level of fitness.
- To take part in any course you must be a member of the British Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association (BHPA). BHPA membership includes third party insurance and we will arrange this on your first day, but the cost in not included in the course fee (see below).
- Time quoted is approximate and could be longer or shorter subject to your ability and the weather. Either way, you pay no more.
- Courses must be finished within 12 months, you must not leave gaps of more than 8 weeks in your training or you will be charged for extra days. This is due to the fact that if you are not current you will rusty and we will have to start much further back in the syllabus then the stage you were at when you last flew.
BHPA membership costs:
- Trial membership 3 months £53.00 (plus £22 one off joining fee)
- Annual Under 21 or over 60 £79.00 (plus £22 one off joining fee)
- Annual Membership £99.00 (plus £22 one off joining fee)