Paragliding Student Pilot
- Cost - £470
- Approx Duration - 4-5 days
- BHPA membership - Excluded (See below)
About the Course
The aim of this course is for you to achieve your student pilot rating, which is a pre-requisite to you obtaining your club pilot's licence.
The course allows you to obtain & develop the necessary skills to enable you to undertake controlled take offs, flights, turns and spot landings from our 200’ hills. Assisted by lectures given by your Instructors, you will obtain an insight into site assessment, weather conditions suitable for flying, the aerodynamics of the wing in flight and basic air law, all of which is necessary information for your safe flying.
Please note the following key points:
- The minimum age is 14 years old. (parental consent needed for under 18's)
- Maximun weight around 110kg.
- You must have a normal level of fitness
- To take part in any course you must be a member of the British Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association (BHPA). BHPA membership includes third party insurance and we will arrange this on your first day, but the cost in not included in the course fee (see below).
- BHPA Membership is not included in your course fee.
- Time quoted is approximate and could be longer or shorter subject to your ability and the weather. Either way, you pay no more.
- Courses must be finished within 12 months, you must not leave gaps of more than 8 weeks in your training or you will be charged for extra days. This is due to the fact that if you are not current you will rusty and we will have to start much further back in the sylibus then the stage you were at when you last flew.
BHPA membership costs:
- Trial membership 3 months £53.00 (plus £22 one off joining fee)
- Annual Under 21 or over 60 £79.00 (plus £22 one off joining fee)
- Annual Membership £99.00 (plus £22 one off joining fee)