Paragliding Day Course
- Approx Duration-1 day
- BHPA membership-Included
About the Day
The aim of the one day paragliding course is to get you flying as soon as is safe and practicable!
After your arrival at the centre, you will be registered as a trainee pilot with the BHPA, which provides you with temporary membership and third party liability insurance cover. You will then receive a short introductory talk from your Instructor, detailing among other things, safety aspects and the expected weather conditions for the day.
You will also have a go in a simulator, so that you have an understanding of the controls of a paraglider. You will be allocated a harness, helmet & glider. Next, your group will be taken to the training slopes. Your instructor will then demonstrate the equipment, various safety checks and procedures together with the rudiments of "ground handling", which will enable you to understand how take offs and landings are achieved. You are now ready for low level flights off the training slopes.
Hopefully, we will convince you that obtaining your Club Pilot rating is your ultimate goal! If you decide to sign up for your Club pilot course within a couple of weeks, we will deduct what you have paid off the full course fee. Visit the school slideshow to see students in action.
Please note the following key points:
- The minimum age is 14 years old (parental consent needed for under 18's)
- Maximun weight around 110kg.
- You must have a normal level of fitness.
- To take part in any course you must be a member of the British Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association (BHPA). BHPA membership includes third party insurance and we will arrange this on your first day.
- BHPA Membership is included in your course fee
- Time quoted is approximate and could be longer or shorter subject to your ability and the weather. Either way, you pay no more.
- Days booked must be finished within 12 months